Outdoor furniture is a great way relax and spice up your porch or patio. However, purchasing one of these pieces of furniture can be a large investment, and thus it is important that you properly take care of it continues to perform in top shape as time goes by.
Our furniture is built out of varying types of material and each of these types has specific resistances. Here are a few tips about taking care of your new outdoor furniture.
Poly Protection Tips
Poly or Recycled Plastic material is made of HDPE plastic resin that has been purified and UV protected. It is essentially maintenance free and requires no waterproofing, staining but will require some upkeep.
- Clean with soap and warm water. Use a soft bristle brush to scrub the corroding areas of the hardware.
- Certain stains require additional effort. Use a 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water solution and it will not affect the color.
- You can also use a high-pressure power wash but do not exceed 1,500 psi, which is equivalent to a car wash.
Wood Protection Tips
- Either keep your swing indoors or make sure there is sufficient covering over it. A patio swing with a stable roof over it is a great way to enjoy yourself outside without harming your swing.
- Do not let alcoholic beverages, hot items, and certain plants touch your wooden swing. They have the potential to permanently stain your wood.
- Ensure proper installation. When your patio swing isn’t properly installed, there is a potential danger. The swing could fall and not only damage itself but you as well. Even if your swing is properly installed, always make sure to keep the hardware and chains clean and lubricated. Failure to do this can result in the same danger.
- Keep it dry. Treat your wooden swing with water-resistant sealant or keep it covered if you believe it has the potential to get wet. If you do not, then it can develop mold, rot, warping, peeling paint and color fading.
- Keep splinters in check. Eventually, your swing will develop splinters not matter how high the quality is. To get rid of them just take a sanding block or hand sander with fine to medium grit sandpaper and simply smooth away the splinters. If left unchecked, the splintering could multiple and ruin your porch swing. You may have to apply paint or varnish after removing the splinters this way.
- Put a protective coating around your swing. These coatings can protect your swing from rain, snow, and wind. The coatings and varnishes can be bought at most retail and hardware stores. The application is as simple as spraying 1 or 2 thin coats over your swing and letting it dry before use. Just follow the instructions given to you though!
- Proper storage. If your porch swing is in a location where it can be affected by extreme weather conditions, then store your swing in a safe location if you want it to last long. A garage, shed, basement or attic should work just fine. Remember to store hardware such as chains as well.
What is Poly?
- Environmentally Friendly Poly is High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), a recyclable plastic derived from post-consumer waste such as milk and detergent bottles. This material is cleaned in a decontamination process to a purity level of over 99% HDPE, then compounded into solid board stock material. The resulting product contains over 90% recycled post consumer waste by weight.
- Will Not Deteriorate Exceptional resistance to moisture, fading, insects, splinting, warping and other hazards of environmental exposure common to wood or wood fiber composite products
- UV Stabilized Color High color stability UV pigment systems which minimize material breakdown from prolonged sun and weather exposure
- Essentially Maintenance Free Requires no waterproofing, staining, or other similar recurring maintenance other than an occasional washing with soap and water.
Do you offer free samples for your Poly furniture?
Yes! We will send you a FREE sample of the Poly color(s) you would like to get a closer look at before buying. Poly furniture can be a large investment so it's better to know exactly what the color will look like in person before purchasing. To receive a sample, email us the colors and shipping address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get them shipped out to you at no cost.
Do your products come assembled?
Most of our products come unassembled. Everything you need to assemble the item will be in the box along with assembly instructions. Some of our product listings include the assembly instructions if you would like to view them before you purchase.
What if my product arrives damaged?
If you notice your package is damaged, dented, crushed or just doesn't look right at the time of delivery, open your package immediately and inspect the items in the package. If the contents appear to be damaged, please notate on the delivery ticket, refuse the shipment and contact us immediately for instructions.
How can I track my order?
We will email you a tracking number once your item has shipped. From there you can click on the tracking number and see when your order will arrive.
What if the item I want is out of stock?
Unfortunately, we can't always keep up with our customer's demands and that causes items to be out of stock. Shoot us a quick email and we will be able to give you an idea of when the product will be out of stock.
Some of our items are on back order. We usually provide the date when the item will be ready to ship from the warehouse. You can still purchase the item to secure your order.
When can I expect delivery?
Each product has an estimated time before it leaves the warehouse. For example, if it says "Ships in 5-7 business days" this means your item will leave the warehouse in 5-7 days.
How do I change my order?
If you want to cancel your order you will need to contact us immediately after you place your order. If you contact us the same day that you placed your order, most likely you will be able to change it without any issues. If your order has already been shipped you can no longer change your order. You will have to ship your order back to us and you will be responsible for shipping both ways. It's best if you double check the items in your cart before purchasing to make sure they are the correct size or color.